The Foundation’s objectives include but not limited to:
- Promote education, research, resource development and scholarship for human development and social progress;
- Develop the capacity of the Ulama (Islamic Scholars) to understand and preach moderation in order to counter extremism and terrorism;
- Promote tolerance and facilitate better understanding of Islam through education, intra-faith and inter-faith engagement;
- Strengthen the capacity of Da’wah organizations and programmes;
- Reduce poverty through wealth creation, human development and entrepreneurial training, support and placement opportunities for youth and women; and
- Support relief and welfare of vulnerable groups especially widows, orphans and the sick through local Muslim charities.